Python syntax highlighter
From a recent XML entry:
This is the home of Pygments. It is a generic syntax highlighter for general use in all kinds of software such as forum systems, wikis or other applications that need to prettify source code. Highlights are:
- a wide range of common languages and markup formats is supported
- special attention is paid to details that increase highlighting quality
- support for new languages and formats are added easily; most languages use a simple regex-based lexing mechanism
- a number of output formats is available, among them HTML, RTF, LaTeX and ANSI sequences
- it is usable as a command-line tool and as a library
- ... and it highlights even Brainf*ck!
Though Pygments has not yet won an award, we trust that you will notice it's a top quality product <wink>.