Python syntax highlighter
From a recent C# entry:
using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.IO.Ports; using System.Linq; using System.Text; using System.Threading.Tasks; using System.Windows; using System.Windows.Controls; using System.Windows.Data; using System.Windows.Documents; ...
This is the home of Pygments. It is a generic syntax highlighter for general use in all kinds of software such as forum systems, wikis or other applications that need to prettify source code. Highlights are:
- a wide range of common languages and markup formats is supported
- special attention is paid to details that increase highlighting quality
- support for new languages and formats are added easily; most languages use a simple regex-based lexing mechanism
- a number of output formats is available, among them HTML, RTF, LaTeX and ANSI sequences
- it is usable as a command-line tool and as a library
- ... and it highlights even Brainf*ck!
Though Pygments has not yet won an award, we trust that you will notice it's a top quality product <wink>.