Issue numbers refer to the tracker at <https://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/pygments-main/issues>, pull request numbers to the requests at <https://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/pygments-main/pull-requests/merged>.
(released Mar 2, 2016)
- Fixed regression in Bash lexer (PR#563)
(released Feb 29, 2016)
- Fixed Python 3 regression in image formatter (#1215)
- Fixed regression in Bash lexer (PR#562)
(relased Feb 14, 2016)
- Fixed Jython compatibility (#1205)
- Fixed HTML formatter output with leading empty lines (#1111)
- Added a mapping table for LaTeX encodings and added utf8 (#1152)
- Fixed image formatter font searching on Macs (#1188)
- Fixed deepcopy-ing of Token instances (#1168)
- Fixed Julia string interpolation (#1170)
- Fixed statefulness of HttpLexer between get_tokens calls
- Many smaller fixes to various lexers
(released Jan 17, 2016)
- Added lexers:
- Emacs Lisp (PR#431)
- Arduino (PR#442)
- Modula-2 with multi-dialect support (#1090)
- Fortran fixed format (PR#213)
- Archetype Definition language (PR#483)
- Terraform (PR#432)
- Jcl, Easytrieve (PR#208)
- ParaSail (PR#381)
- Boogie (PR#420)
- Turtle (PR#425)
- Fish Shell (PR#422)
- Roboconf (PR#449)
- Test Anything Protocol (PR#428)
- Shen (PR#385)
- Component Pascal (PR#437)
- SuperCollider (PR#472)
- Shell consoles (Tcsh, PowerShell, MSDOS) (PR#479)
- Elm and J (PR#452)
- Crmsh (PR#440)
- Praat (PR#492)
- CSound (PR#494)
- Ezhil (PR#443)
- Thrift (PR#469)
- QVT Operational (PR#204)
- Hexdump (PR#508)
- CAmkES Configuration (PR#462)
- Added styles:
- Lovelace (PR#456)
- Algol and Algol-nu (#1090)
- Added formatters:
- IRC (PR#458)
- True color (24-bit) terminal ANSI sequences (#1142) (formatter alias: “16m”)
- New “filename” option for HTML formatter (PR#527).
- Improved performance of the HTML formatter for long lines (PR#504).
- Updated autopygmentize script (PR#445).
- Fixed style inheritance for non-standard token types in HTML output.
- Added support for async/await to Python 3 lexer.
- Rewrote linenos option for TerminalFormatter (it’s better, but slightly different output than before) (#1147).
- Cocoa builtins updated for iOS 8.1 (PR#433).
- Combined BashSessionLexer and ShellSessionLexer, new version should support the prompt styles of either.
- Added option to pygmentize to show a full traceback on exceptions.
- Fixed incomplete output on Windows and Python 3 (e.g. when using iPython Notebook) (#1153).
- Allowed more traceback styles in Python console lexer (PR#253).
- Added decorators to TypeScript (PR#509).
- Fix highlighting of certain IRC logs formats (#1076).
(released Jan 20, 2015)
- Fix Python tracebacks getting duplicated in the console lexer (#1068).
- Backquote-delimited identifiers are now recognized in F# (#1062).
(released Nov 10, 2014)
- Fix an encoding issue when using pygmentize with the -o option.
(released Nov 9, 2014)
- Default lexer encoding is now “guess”, i.e. UTF-8 / Locale / Latin1 is tried in that order.
- Major update to Swift lexer (PR#410).
- Multiple fixes to lexer guessing in conflicting cases:
- recognize HTML5 by doctype
- recognize XML by XML declaration
- don’t recognize C/C++ as SystemVerilog
- Simplified regexes and builtin lists.
(released Oct 16, 2014)
- Dropped Python 2.4 and 2.5 compatibility. This is in favor of single-source compatibility between Python 2.6, 2.7 and 3.3+.
- New website and documentation based on Sphinx (finally!)
- Lexers added:
- APL (#969)
- Agda and Literate Agda (PR#203)
- Alloy (PR#355)
- BlitzBasic (PR#197)
- ChaiScript (PR#24)
- Chapel (PR#256)
- Cirru (PR#275)
- Clay (PR#184)
- ColdFusion CFC (PR#283)
- Cryptol and Literate Cryptol (PR#344)
- Cypher (PR#257)
- Docker config files
- EBNF (PR#193)
- Eiffel (PR#273)
- GAP (PR#311)
- Golo (PR#309)
- Handlebars (PR#186)
- Hy (PR#238)
- Idris and Literate Idris (PR#210)
- Igor Pro (PR#172)
- Inform 6/7 (PR#281)
- Intel objdump (PR#279)
- Isabelle (PR#386)
- Jasmin (PR#349)
- JSON-LD (PR#289)
- Kal (PR#233)
- Lean (PR#399)
- LSL (PR#296)
- Limbo (PR#291)
- Liquid (#977)
- MQL (PR#285)
- MaskJS (PR#280)
- Mozilla preprocessors
- Mathematica (PR#245)
- NesC (PR#166)
- Nit (PR#375)
- Nix (PR#267)
- Pawn (PR#211)
- Perl 6 (PR#181)
- Pig (PR#304)
- Pike (PR#237)
- QBasic (PR#182)
- Red (PR#341)
- ResourceBundle (#1038)
- Rexx (PR#199)
- Rql (PR#251)
- SPARQL (PR#78)
- Slim (PR#366)
- Swift (PR#371)
- Swig (PR#168)
- TADS 3 (PR#407)
- Todo.txt todo lists
- Twig (PR#404)
- Added a helper to “optimize” regular expressions that match one of many literal words; this can save 20% and more lexing time with lexers that highlight many keywords or builtins.
- New styles: “xcode” and “igor”, similar to the default highlighting of the respective IDEs.
- The command-line “pygmentize” tool now tries a little harder to find the correct encoding for files and the terminal (#979).
- Added “inencoding” option for lexers to override “encoding” analogous to “outencoding” (#800).
- Added line-by-line “streaming” mode for pygmentize with the “-s” option. (PR#165) Only fully works for lexers that have no constructs spanning lines!
- Added an “envname” option to the LaTeX formatter to select a replacement verbatim environment (PR#235).
- Updated the Makefile lexer to yield a little more useful highlighting.
- Lexer aliases passed to get_lexer_by_name() are now case-insensitive.
- File name matching in lexers and formatters will now use a regex cache for speed (PR#205).
- Pygments will now recognize “vim” modelines when guessing the lexer for a file based on content (PR#118).
- Major restructure of the pygments.lexers module namespace. There are now many more modules with less lexers per module. Old modules are still around and re-export the lexers they previously contained.
- The NameHighlightFilter now works with any Name.* token type (#790).
- Python 3 lexer: add new exceptions from PEP 3151.
- Opa lexer: add new keywords (PR#170).
- Julia lexer: add keywords and underscore-separated number literals (PR#176).
- Lasso lexer: fix method highlighting, update builtins. Fix guessing so that plain XML isn’t always taken as Lasso (PR#163).
- Objective C/C++ lexers: allow “@” prefixing any expression (#871).
- Ruby lexer: fix lexing of Name::Space tokens (#860) and of symbols in hashes (#873).
- Stan lexer: update for version 2.4.0 of the language (PR#162, PR#255, PR#377).
- HTTP lexer: support for PATCH method (PR#190).
- Koka lexer: update to newest language spec (PR#201).
- Haxe lexer: rewrite and support for Haxe 3 (PR#174).
- Prolog lexer: add different kinds of numeric literals (#864).
- F# lexer: rewrite with newest spec for F# 3.0 (#842), fix a bug with dotted chains (#948).
- Kotlin lexer: general update (PR#271).
- Rebol lexer: fix comment detection and analyse_text (PR#261).
- LLVM lexer: update keywords to v3.4 (PR#258).
- PHP lexer: add new keywords and binary literals (PR#222).
- external/markdown-processor.py updated to newest python-markdown (PR#221).
- CSS lexer: some highlighting order fixes (PR#231).
- Ceylon lexer: fix parsing of nested multiline comments (#915).
- C family lexers: fix parsing of indented preprocessor directives (#944).
- Rust lexer: update to 0.9 language version (PR#270, PR#388).
- Elixir lexer: update to 0.15 language version (PR#392).
- Fix swallowing incomplete tracebacks in Python console lexer (#874).
(released Feb 3, 2013)
- Lexers added:
- Dylan console (PR#149)
- Logos (PR#150)
- Shell sessions (PR#158)
- Fix guessed lexers not receiving lexer options (#838).
- Fix unquoted HTML attribute lexing in Opa (#841).
- Fixes to the Dart lexer (PR#160).
(released Jan 9, 2013)
- Lexers added:
- AspectJ (PR#90)
- AutoIt (PR#122)
- BUGS-like languages (PR#89)
- Ceylon (PR#86)
- Croc (new name for MiniD)
- CUDA (PR#75)
- Dg (PR#116)
- IDL (PR#115)
- Jags (PR#89)
- Julia (PR#61)
- Kconfig (#711)
- Lasso (PR#95, PR#113)
- LiveScript (PR#84)
- Monkey (PR#117)
- Mscgen (PR#80)
- NSIS scripts (PR#136)
- OpenCOBOL (PR#72)
- QML (PR#123)
- Puppet (PR#133)
- Racket (PR#94)
- Rdoc (PR#99)
- Robot Framework (PR#137)
- RPM spec files (PR#124)
- Rust (PR#67)
- Smali (Dalvik assembly)
- SourcePawn (PR#39)
- Stan (PR#89)
- Treetop (PR#125)
- TypeScript (PR#114)
- VGL (PR#12)
- Visual FoxPro (#762)
- Windows Registry (#819)
- Xtend (PR#68)
- The HTML formatter now supports linking to tags using CTags files, when the python-ctags package is installed (PR#87).
- The HTML formatter now has a “linespans” option that wraps every line in a <span> tag with a specific id (PR#82).
- When deriving a lexer from another lexer with token definitions, definitions for states not in the child lexer are now inherited. If you override a state in the child lexer, an “inherit” keyword has been added to insert the base state at that position (PR#141).
- The C family lexers now inherit token definitions from a common base class, removing code duplication (PR#141).
- Use “colorama” on Windows for console color output (PR#142).
- Fix Template Haskell highlighting (PR#63).
- Fix some S/R lexer errors (PR#91).
- Fix a bug in the Prolog lexer with names that start with ‘is’ (#810).
- Rewrite Dylan lexer, add Dylan LID lexer (PR#147).
- Add a Java quickstart document (PR#146).
- Add a “external/autopygmentize” file that can be used as .lessfilter (#802).
(codename Zeitdilatation, released Mar 10, 2012)
- Lexers added:
- Awk (#630)
- Fancy (#633)
- PyPy Log
- Nemerle (#667)
- F# (#353)
- Groovy (#501)
- PostgreSQL (#660)
- Gosu (#634)
- Octave (PR#22)
- Standard ML (PR#14)
- CFengine3 (#601)
- Opa (PR#37)
- HTTP sessions (PR#42)
- JSON (PR#31)
- SNOBOL (PR#30)
- MoonScript (PR#43)
- ECL (PR#29)
- Urbiscript (PR#17)
- OpenEdge ABL (PR#27)
- SystemVerilog (PR#35)
- Coq (#734)
- PowerShell (#654)
- Dart (#715)
- Fantom (PR#36)
- Bro (PR#5)
- NewLISP (PR#26)
- VHDL (PR#45)
- Scilab (#740)
- Elixir (PR#57)
- Tea (PR#56)
- Kotlin (PR#58)
- Fix Python 3 terminal highlighting with pygmentize (#691).
- In the LaTeX formatter, escape special &, < and > chars (#648).
- In the LaTeX formatter, fix display problems for styles with token background colors (#670).
- Enhancements to the Squid conf lexer (#664).
- Several fixes to the reStructuredText lexer (#636).
- Recognize methods in the ObjC lexer (#638).
- Fix Lua “class” highlighting: it does not have classes (#665).
- Fix degenerate regex in Scala lexer (#671) and highlighting bugs (#713, 708).
- Fix number pattern order in Ocaml lexer (#647).
- Fix generic type highlighting in ActionScript 3 (#666).
- Fixes to the Clojure lexer (PR#9).
- Fix degenerate regex in Nemerle lexer (#706).
- Fix infinite looping in CoffeeScript lexer (#729).
- Fix crashes and analysis with ObjectiveC lexer (#693, #696).
- Add some Fortran 2003 keywords.
- Fix Boo string regexes (#679).
- Add “rrt” style (#727).
- Fix infinite looping in Darcs Patch lexer.
- Lots of misc fixes to character-eating bugs and ordering problems in many different lexers.
(codename Unschärfe, released Jan 03, 2011)
- Lexers added:
- Factor (#520)
- PostScript (#486)
- Verilog (#491)
- BlitzMax Basic (#478)
- Ioke (#465)
- Java properties, split out of the INI lexer (#445)
- Scss (#509)
- XQuery (#617)
- Mason (#615)
- GoodData (#609)
- SSP (#473)
- Autohotkey (#417)
- Google Protocol Buffers
- Hybris (#506)
- Do not fail in analyse_text methods (#618).
- Performance improvements in the HTML formatter (#523).
- With the noclasses option in the HTML formatter, some styles present in the stylesheet were not added as inline styles.
- Four fixes to the Lua lexer (#480, #481, #482, #497).
- More context-sensitive Gherkin lexer with support for more i18n translations.
- Support new OO keywords in Matlab lexer (#521).
- Small fix in the CoffeeScript lexer (#519).
- A bugfix for backslashes in ocaml strings (#499).
- Fix unicode/raw docstrings in the Python lexer (#489).
- Allow PIL to work without PIL.pth (#502).
- Allow seconds as a unit in CSS (#496).
- Support Offload C++ Extensions as keywords in the C++ lexer (#484).
- Escape more characters in LaTeX output (#505).
- Update Haml/Sass lexers to version 3 (#509).
- Small PHP lexer string escaping fix (#515).
- Support comments before preprocessor directives, and unsigned/ long long literals in C/C++ (#613, #616).
- Support line continuations in the INI lexer (#494).
- Fix lexing of Dylan string and char literals (#628).
- Fix class/procedure name highlighting in VB.NET lexer (#624).
(bugfix release, released Mar 05, 2010)
- The pygmentize script was missing from the distribution.
(codename Schneeglöckchen, released Mar 01, 2010)
- Added the ensurenl lexer option, which can be used to suppress the automatic addition of a newline to the lexer input.
- Lexers added:
- R console
- Haml and Sass
- Enhanced reStructuredText highlighting.
- Added support for PHP 5.3 namespaces in the PHP lexer.
- Added a bash completion script for pygmentize, to the external/ directory (#466).
- Fixed a bug in do_insertions() used for multi-lexer languages.
- Fixed a Ruby regex highlighting bug (#476).
- Fixed regex highlighting bugs in Perl lexer (#258).
- Add small enhancements to the C lexer (#467) and Bash lexer (#469).
- Small fixes for the Tcl, Debian control file, Nginx config, Smalltalk, Objective-C, Clojure, Lua lexers.
- Gherkin lexer: Fixed single apostrophe bug and added new i18n keywords.
(bugfix release, released Jan 02, 2010)
- Removed a backwards incompatibility in the LaTeX formatter that caused Sphinx to produce invalid commands when writing LaTeX output (#463).
- Fixed a forever-backtracking regex in the BashLexer (#462).
(bugfix release, released Jan 02, 2010)
- Fixed mishandling of an ellipsis in place of the frames in a Python console traceback, resulting in clobbered output.
(codename Neujahr, released Jan 01, 2010)
- Dropped Python 2.3 compatibility.
- Lexers added:
- Gherkin (Cucumber)
- R console
- Added options for rendering LaTeX in source code comments in the LaTeX formatter (#461).
- Updated the Logtalk lexer.
- Added line_number_start option to image formatter (#456).
- Added hl_lines and hl_color options to image formatter (#457).
- Fixed the HtmlFormatter’s handling of noclasses=True to not output any classes (#427).
- Added the Monokai style (#453).
- Fixed LLVM lexer identifier syntax and added new keywords (#442).
- Fixed the PythonTracebackLexer to handle non-traceback data in header or trailer, and support more partial tracebacks that start on line 2 (#437).
- Fixed the CLexer to not highlight ternary statements as labels.
- Fixed lexing of some Ruby quoting peculiarities (#460).
- A few ASM lexer fixes (#450).
(bugfix release, released Sep 15, 2009)
- Fixed the BBCode lexer (#435).
- Added support for new Jinja2 keywords.
- Fixed test suite failures.
- Added Gentoo-specific suffixes to Bash lexer.
(codename Brillouin, released Sep 11, 2009)
- Ported Pygments to Python 3. This needed a few changes in the way encodings are handled; they may affect corner cases when used with Python 2 as well.
- Lexers added:
- Antlr/Ragel, thanks to Ana Nelson
- (Ba)sh shell
- Erlang shell
- ASP.net (VB/C#)
- Fixed the LaTeX formatter’s output so that output generated for one style can be used with the style definitions of another (#384).
- Added “anchorlinenos” and “noclobber_cssfile” (#396) options to HTML formatter.
- Support multiline strings in Lua lexer.
- When pygmentize is asked to highlight a file for which multiple lexers match the filename, use the analyse_text guessing engine to determine the winner (#355).
- Fixed three Perl heredoc lexing bugs (#379, #400, #422).
- Fixed a bug in the image formatter which misdetected lines (#380).
- Fixed bugs lexing extended Ruby strings and regexes.
- Fixed a bug when lexing git diffs.
- Fixed a bug lexing the empty commit in the PHP lexer (#405).
- Fixed a bug causing Python numbers to be mishighlighted as floats (#397).
- Fixed a bug when backslashes are used in odd locations in Python (#395).
- Fixed various bugs in Matlab and S-Plus lexers, thanks to Winston Chang (#410, #411, #413, #414) and fmarc (#419).
- Fixed a bug in Haskell single-line comment detection (#426).
- Added new-style reStructuredText directive for docutils 0.5+ (#428).
(codename Dreiundzwanzig, released Nov 23, 2008)
Don’t use join(splitlines()) when converting newlines to \n, because that doesn’t keep all newlines at the end when the stripnl lexer option is False.
Added -N option to command-line interface to get a lexer name for a given filename.
Added Tango style, written by Andre Roberge for the Crunchy project.
Added Python3TracebackLexer and python3 option to PythonConsoleLexer.
Fixed a few bugs in the Haskell lexer.
Fixed PythonTracebackLexer to be able to recognize SyntaxError and KeyboardInterrupt (#360).
Provide one formatter class per image format, so that surprises like:
pygmentize -f gif -o foo.gif foo.py
creating a PNG file are avoided.
Actually use the font_size option of the image formatter.
Fixed numpy lexer that it doesn’t listen for *.py any longer.
Fixed HTML formatter so that text options can be Unicode strings (#371).
Unified Diff lexer supports the “udiff” alias now.
Fixed a few issues in Scala lexer (#367).
RubyConsoleLexer now supports simple prompt mode (#363).
Add Applescript lexer, thanks to Andreas Amann (#330).
Make the codetags more strict about matching words (#368).
NginxConfLexer is a little more accurate on mimetypes and variables (#370).
(released Aug 24, 2008)
- Fixed a Jython compatibility issue in pygments.unistring (#358).
(codename Straußenei, released Aug 23, 2008)
Many thanks go to Tim Hatch for writing or integrating most of the bug fixes and new features.
- Lexers added:
- Nasm-style assembly language, thanks to delroth
- YAML, thanks to Kirill Simonov
- ActionScript 3, thanks to Pierre Bourdon
- Cheetah/Spitfire templates, thanks to Matt Good
- Lighttpd config files
- Nginx config files
- Gnuplot plotting scripts
- POV-Ray scene files
- Sqlite3 interactive console sessions
- Scala source files, thanks to Krzysiek Goj
- Lexers improved:
- C lexer highlights standard library functions now and supports C99 types.
- Bash lexer now correctly highlights heredocs without preceding whitespace.
- Vim lexer now highlights hex colors properly and knows a couple more keywords.
- Irc logs lexer now handles xchat’s default time format (#340) and correctly highlights lines ending in >.
- Support more delimiters for perl regular expressions (#258).
- ObjectiveC lexer now supports 2.0 features.
- Added “Visual Studio” style.
- Updated markdown processor to Markdown 1.7.
- Support roman/sans/mono style defs and use them in the LaTeX formatter.
- The RawTokenFormatter is no longer registered to *.raw and it’s documented that tokenization with this lexer may raise exceptions.
- New option hl_lines to HTML formatter, to highlight certain lines.
- New option prestyles to HTML formatter.
- New option -g to pygmentize, to allow lexer guessing based on filetext (can be slowish, so file extensions are still checked first).
- guess_lexer() now makes its decision much faster due to a cache of whether data is xml-like (a check which is used in several versions of analyse_text(). Several lexers also have more accurate analyse_text() now.
(codename Malzeug, released May 06, 2008)
- Lexers added:
- Darcs patches
- Matlab sessions
- Python 3
- S, S-plus, R statistics languages
- In the LatexFormatter, the commandprefix option is now by default ‘PY’ instead of ‘C’, since the latter resulted in several collisions with other packages. Also, the special meaning of the arg argument to get_style_defs() was removed.
- Added ImageFormatter, to format code as PNG, JPG, GIF or BMP. (Needs the Python Imaging Library.)
- Support doc comments in the PHP lexer.
- Handle format specifications in the Perl lexer.
- Fix comment handling in the Batch lexer.
- Add more file name extensions for the C++, INI and XML lexers.
- Fixes in the IRC and MuPad lexers.
- Fix function and interface name highlighting in the Java lexer.
- Fix at-rule handling in the CSS lexer.
- Handle KeyboardInterrupts gracefully in pygmentize.
- Added BlackWhiteStyle.
- Bash lexer now correctly highlights math, does not require whitespace after semicolons, and correctly highlights boolean operators.
- Makefile lexer is now capable of handling BSD and GNU make syntax.
(codename Herbstzeitlose, released Oct 14, 2007)
- Lexers added:
- Literate Haskell
- Common Lisp
- Various assembly languages
- Gettext catalogs
- Squid configuration
- Debian control files
- MySQL-style SQL
- Lexers improved:
- Greatly improved the Haskell and OCaml lexers.
- Improved the Bash lexer’s handling of nested constructs.
- The C# and Java lexers exhibited abysmal performance with some input code; this should now be fixed.
- The IRC logs lexer is now able to colorize weechat logs too.
- The Lua lexer now recognizes multi-line comments.
- Fixed bugs in the D and MiniD lexer.
- The encoding handling of the command line mode (pygmentize) was enhanced. You shouldn’t get UnicodeErrors from it anymore if you don’t give an encoding option.
- Added a -P option to the command line mode which can be used to give options whose values contain commas or equals signs.
- Added 256-color terminal formatter.
- Added an experimental SVG formatter.
- Added the lineanchors option to the HTML formatter, thanks to Ian Charnas for the idea.
- Gave the line numbers table a CSS class in the HTML formatter.
- Added a Vim 7-like style.
(released Jun 27, 2007)
- Fixed POD highlighting in the Ruby lexer.
- Fixed Unicode class and namespace name highlighting in the C# lexer.
- Fixed Unicode string prefix highlighting in the Python lexer.
- Fixed a bug in the D and MiniD lexers.
- Fixed the included MoinMoin parser.
(codename Maikäfer, released May 30, 2007)
- Lexers added:
- Haskell, thanks to Adam Blinkinsop
- Redcode, thanks to Adam Blinkinsop
- D, thanks to Kirk McDonald
- MuPad, thanks to Christopher Creutzig
- MiniD, thanks to Jarrett Billingsley
- Vim Script, by Tim Hatch
- The HTML formatter now has a second line-numbers mode in which it will just integrate the numbers in the same <pre> tag as the code.
- The CSharpLexer now is Unicode-aware, which means that it has an option that can be set so that it correctly lexes Unicode identifiers allowed by the C# specs.
- Added a RaiseOnErrorTokenFilter that raises an exception when the lexer generates an error token, and a VisibleWhitespaceFilter that converts whitespace (spaces, tabs, newlines) into visible characters.
- Fixed the do_insertions() helper function to yield correct indices.
- The ReST lexer now automatically highlights source code blocks in ”.. sourcecode:: language” and ”.. code:: language” directive blocks.
- Improved the default style (thanks to Tiberius Teng). The old default is still available as the “emacs” style (which was an alias before).
- The get_style_defs method of HTML formatters now uses the cssclass option as the default selector if it was given.
- Improved the ReST and Bash lexers a bit.
- Fixed a few bugs in the Makefile and Bash lexers, thanks to Tim Hatch.
- Fixed a bug in the command line code that disallowed -O options when using the -S option.
- Fixed a bug in the RawTokenFormatter.
(released Feb 15, 2007)
- Fixed little highlighting bugs in the Python, Java, Scheme and Apache Config lexers.
- Updated the included manpage.
- Included a built version of the documentation in the source tarball.
(codename Faschingskrapfn, released Feb 14, 2007)
- Added a MoinMoin parser that uses Pygments. With it, you get Pygments highlighting in Moin Wiki pages.
- Changed the exception raised if no suitable lexer, formatter etc. is found in one of the get_*_by_* functions to a custom exception, pygments.util.ClassNotFound. It is, however, a subclass of ValueError in order to retain backwards compatibility.
- Added a -H command line option which can be used to get the docstring of a lexer, formatter or filter.
- Made the handling of lexers and formatters more consistent. The aliases and filename patterns of formatters are now attributes on them.
- Added an OCaml lexer, thanks to Adam Blinkinsop.
- Made the HTML formatter more flexible, and easily subclassable in order to make it easy to implement custom wrappers, e.g. alternate line number markup. See the documentation.
- Added an outencoding option to all formatters, making it possible to override the encoding (which is used by lexers and formatters) when using the command line interface. Also, if using the terminal formatter and the output file is a terminal and has an encoding attribute, use it if no encoding is given.
- Made it possible to just drop style modules into the styles subpackage of the Pygments installation.
- Added a “state” keyword argument to the using helper.
- Added a commandprefix option to the LatexFormatter which allows to control how the command names are constructed.
- Added quite a few new lexers, thanks to Tim Hatch:
- Java Server Pages
- Windows batch files
- Trac Wiki markup
- Python tracebacks
- and the Befunge esoteric programming language (yay!)
- Added Mako lexers by Ben Bangert.
- Added “fruity” style, another dark background originally vim-based theme.
- Added sources.list lexer by Dennis Kaarsemaker.
- Added token stream filters, and a pygmentize option to use them.
- Changed behavior of in Operator for tokens.
- Added mimetypes for all lexers.
- Fixed some problems lexing Python strings.
- Fixed tickets: #167, #178, #179, #180, #185, #201.
(codename Zimtstern, released Dec 20, 2006)
- Added option for the HTML formatter to write the CSS to an external file in “full document” mode.
- Added RTF formatter.
- Added Bash and Apache configuration lexers (thanks to Tim Hatch).
- Improved guessing methods for various lexers.
- Added @media support to CSS lexer (thanks to Tim Hatch).
- Added a Groff lexer (thanks to Tim Hatch).
- License change to BSD.
- Added lexers for the Myghty template language.
- Added a Scheme lexer (thanks to Marek Kubica).
- Added some functions to iterate over existing lexers, formatters and lexers.
- The HtmlFormatter’s get_style_defs() can now take a list as an argument to generate CSS with multiple prefixes.
- Support for guessing input encoding added.
- Encoding support added: all processing is now done with Unicode strings, input and output are converted from and optionally to byte strings (see the encoding option of lexers and formatters).
- Some improvements in the C(++) lexers handling comments and line continuations.
(released Oct 30, 2006)
- Fixed traceback in pygmentize -L (thanks to Piotr Ozarowski).
(codename PyKleur, released Oct 30, 2006)
- Initial public release.